a Reverie's Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay forum for the Dark/Fantasy Neopets guild, a Reverie!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

School

Go down 
+2
rachel
Fox
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Ally
Admin
Ally

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 10:01 pm

"First of all." Rayne said, nodding towards the cigarette. "Ew. Those things will kill you, but you shouldn't be worried about that, since your clearly, a newbie, at the whole Slayer thing, as you won't admit to actually carrying a stake around." She said, her one full blue, and one half blue half violet eye staring directly into his eyes. "Do you wanna try again and this time tell me the truth about the stake?" She asked, turning her head to the side, as if she was a five year old, asking why they couldn't eat their candy before their supper.
Back to top Go down
Allison

Allison

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:30 am

Gabriel noted Rayne's glance toward his cigarette and contemplated on either being a gentlemen and snuffing it or blowing some smoke in her face. He decided on neither and kept smoking it anyway. After he was nervous about his interview - although at this point he probably wouldn't get the job - and these kids hardly helped. Then again, if these were the kids he'd have to teach, maybe he wouldn't want to get the job. "So I've been told. And they also create quite a dent in my wallet, but what can you do?"

His eyebrows knitted together at Rayne's comment. "Slayer thing?" He searched the others for some kind of hint but none gave away any plausible answer. "I'm sorry. I haven't the faintest idea what a Slayer is outsite of a zombie video game." Alnd yet, he still knew what she was talking about, or at least had an idea of what she was suggesting.

"A year ago... my girlfriend of two years, Roselyn Fairchild, was killed in our apartment. I met her in England and we moved here together. "I found her in our apartment. The authorities said it was a break-in, well an attempted break-in because nothing was stolen... but her blood was drained and the cops said it was probably a serial killer of some kind... I don't know. But since then, I've been a bit..." he searched for a word, "suspicious?" Gabriel stopped talking then. Roselyn wasn't a topic he liked to discuss. "Why so curious?"
Back to top Go down
http://moxiegirl.net
Ally
Admin
Ally

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Rayne nodded. "I'm sorry about your girlfriend." She said nodding slightly, to him. And she ment it. Anyone could tell that. She had seen to many good people be drained by a vamp. "But, still that doesn't give you a reason to be able to carry a stake around, without the right training first." She told him, like she was the teacher and he was the student. She didn't anwser him about why she wanted to know, this stuff about him.
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:55 pm

"Morty August," he told Keiji. Unlike before, he didn't bother offering his hand, so he gave a slight smile. That soon turned into a frown though as realization hit him. "Your brother..." Morty looked down at the ground, feeling like the biggest idiot on Earth. "He promised me to get me my life back. Literally, I guess you could say." He then looked apologetically at Keiji. "I really didn't know that this would happen. I'm sorry for leading him here. You probably won't be able to do what he promised, am I right?"

Wynne examined the stake carefully. Though Rayne might not have actually meant it, it was a pretty nice one too. It was an elegant piece of mahogany... and she found it rather odd that a man oblivious of the Slayers was in possession of such a lethal weapon until she heard the man's story. "I'm sorry to hear about what happened," Wynne said, walking closer to Rayne and Gabriel, but still a few steps behind her twin. "My sister here is right though." She smiled slightly, tucking her hair behind her ear, and then looked up toward's the man's eyes. Wynne could see how hurt he must have felt when he had found out that his girlfriend was dead. Like always, she felt bad even though she had nothing to do with it. Then again... she was a Slayer. "May I ask you something, sir?" Wynne stepped closer so that she was at their side. "Out of all of us here," she extended an arm as she gestured towards the others. "Who do you think ISN'T a regular human?" This was a test that she had learned from the Witches. They would say this to everyone that came close to discovering the Arcane and the Slayers' existence. Wynne didn't know EXACTLY how they did it, but they would always find something worthy of the person with their answer.
Back to top Go down
http://fayloic.deviantart.com/
Kevin

Kevin

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:10 pm

Keiji shook his head and looked away. "Bringing back the dead....is not something I was ever taught how to do...or even if I have the power to do so. Even if I could, I would either need your original body, intact and able to sustain life, or I would need another to fit those standards. The process would be very hard to accomplish, not just for you, but the person making it all possible. Though you are a spirit, with the fusion of your soul to a new body, the nerves would be reactivated....a shock being sent from the brain to every nerve in the body, causing a tremendous amount of pain...like you were being tore apart from the inside out....forgive me dear soul, but I don't know if it would be worth it or not." He said looking down. He turned his attention to Rayne and her sister, interrogating the man, which made him chuckle slightly.
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:00 pm

"Thought so," Morty smiled sadly, and sighed. "Guess I'm just eager for another shot at life." He looked at the twins as they talked to the new stranger. Now that he thought of it, the only reason why Morty was so upset was that all he cared about was gone.
But who wouldn't care about that? the other voice in his mind said. And after hearing the man's story, though he wasn't as close as the others, Morty was a little bit more miserable. HE'S lucky to be alive. He sighed quietly, and listened in on their conversation.
Back to top Go down
Allison

Allison

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:45 pm

A dark laugh escaped Gabriel's lips. "Training? Well don't worry. I wasn't planning on stabbing it into the next bloke I met." The ends of his lips turned upward in a small smile. "And I suppose you know how?"

He watched as Wynne approached he and Rayne, after examining the mahongany stake. He nodded at her apologies, knowing that both she and her sister meant their condolences. Upon hearing Wynne's question, he tilted his head to one side, narrowing his eyes. "Pardon?" Gabriel pursed his lips, and ran a hand through his hair, a nervous habit he had developed in college. He surveyed the group of students once more. Rayne and Wynne seemed like fairly average teenagers - except for that Slayer nonsense, of course. Gabriel cast a glance at the white-haired man again. "I suppose kids can do this easily nowadays with bleach, dye, and whatnot, but there is something not entirely human about him." And then he noted the other man talking to the white-haired man. This man looked to be about Gabriel's age if not a little younger, and Gabriel supposed he looked human. Dark hair and average build. Yet he seemed different, as well. "And the other seems somewhat..." he searched for a word, "light? God, everything I'm saying - your saying - sounds ridiculous."
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:51 pm

The corner of Wynne's mouth twitched into a slight smile, and turned to look at Rayne. "Hear that, sis?" She asked, hoping that she'd be thinking the same thing. It seemed to her that Gabriel was definitely on the right track. He certainly was oblivious, but because of his suspicion, it had led him there to the school where Slayers and Arcane creatures were.
"But what about us?" Wynne asked, putting an arm around her Twin. "Nothing suspicious at all?" Inside, she was slightly disappointed that they didn't come across as... unnatural, but at the same time she was wondering if he really did think that they weren't human.
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:59 pm

Rayne was grinning and swung her arm around her sister too. "Yeah, sis. But I'd like him to anwser the question." She said raising an eyebrow to him.
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 10:14 pm

Carmen looked at the man sadly as he spoke of his girlfriend's death. Losing someone...was hard. She knew that too. Dad, she thought forlornly. She cocked her head slightly as Rayne began to question him. She supposed it was a Slayer thing, and from Rayne's and Wynne's reactions he seemed to answer the question right. But she guessed Rayne wanted more, as she seemed to be waiting for him to answer the question. Well, she guessed he hadn't.

She had no idea what the twins were up to, but how would she? She was just a gifted who somehow got tangled up in their mess. Carmen continued watching silently, as invisible as ever.
Back to top Go down
Allison

Allison

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:56 am

At her proposition, he narrowed his eyes, intently studying both Wynne and Rayne. Well he found it odd that they were twins and one had blonde hair and the other black, as if suggesting opposite personalities. He wondered if they did that on purpose. And then he thought that he was glad they weren't the kind of twins that dressed alike because that could be a headache for the brain, and it was obnoxious and almost verging on cult-like when people did that. And then he realized he was getting off-track and refocused back on the two girls and tried to notice something other than their juxtaposing hair colors.

"Well..." He murmured, leaning slightly forward. "The both of your eyes are different colors. Which is peculiar, I suppose. And it is also peculiar that you know so much about, what was it, Slayers? I think the two of you know more than you let on, and while you seem human, there is something different about the two of you."
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Wynne grinned, looking at Rayne from the corner of her eye and then back at Gabriel. He was definitely right about their physical selves being so off yet so similar. "A good different?" Wynne asked with a brow raised. "Or an evil kind of different?" The possibilities of his answer were endless, yet, she still tried to predict on what the man might say next.
Back to top Go down
Allison

Allison

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:52 pm

Gabriel grinned from cheek to cheek, something he hadn't done in a while, and laughed at her question. The twins stared at him with humor in their eyes and their almost child-like expressions were far from terrifying. They had shared their sympathies when he told them about Roselyn and seemed genuinely interested in helping him. "You're definitely good."
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 5:14 pm

She chuckled to herself, and tucked her bangs behind her ear. "I suppose that one was a bit obvious," Wynne said smiling, which soon turned into a smirk.
Little does he know that the Slayers are evil at the same time, she thought. To the Arcane sided with the Order, that is.
"Then again, you may never know. So, Mr. Whittington..." Wynne put her hand in her jean pocket. "What would you do if I said that my Twin and I were Vampires?" She hoped that he wouldn't do anything bad to them. After all, Wynne hadn't mentioned that this was only a hypothetical question. This was a true test for the man to see if he can control himself when faced with one sided with the enemy.
Back to top Go down
Allison

Allison

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Gabriel laughed and looked abruptly away, shaking his head. "I think I would kill you." He replied jokingly. But when he turned to look at her, he could see the playful yet serious blend in her eyes. Gabriel liked to think that he could 'read' people easily, understand what made them what they were, what they were thinking and feeling, and yet Wynne's face gave nothing away. She was both obvious and ambiguous, a combination he couldn't entirely explain. He studied her seriously, his lips parted slightly in disbelief. "You're not... are you?"He didn't think that a vampire would would toy with the stake with such amusement as she and her sister had prior, but perhaps they had been toying with him all along.
Back to top Go down
Kevin

Kevin

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:40 pm

Keiji gave a slight sigh as he listened to the conversation. "One thing to remember about humans, emotions run deep in their race..." He thought as he walked over to the entrance of the school. His eyes peered down as he pulled a small, leather bound book from his back pocket. As he opened it, he closed his eyes to imagine the only place he could really write in its pages. His thoughts moved him to a tranquil plain between two great mountains, one a old winter mountain as high as the eye could see, filled with trees and wildlife, the other, a volcano, yet to erupt, but still let go smoke and brimstone, unable to support any kind of life. Each time Keiji went there in his life, he felt like he was in between Yin and Yang, life and death, which gave him a certain peace of mind. He looked up to the group still conversing, his head shaking slightly. "Forgive me....Rayne...but there is something I must do...otherwise there may truly be a silence of time." He thought as he sneaked away from the group behind a building. He ran as fast as he could, his pace increasing as he headed back towards where he had met Demetra and Beth, back towards the blood banks.

occ: Thought I might switch things up alittle ^_^
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:23 am

Rayne looked where Keiji had run away too, and then back at the her twin, then the man again. Her face and lacked the amusement it had before. She took his stake that Wynne still had and spun it around in her hand. "Of course we are." Rayne said with an eye roll.
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Wynne didn't say anything, but smiled as her twin answered the man. She watched from the corner of her eye as Rayne's "boyfriend" left the scene. He better not be getting the rest of his friends, she thought, slightly worried. They had another situation here though. "Would you really kill us?" Wynne asked. "After all... we didn't do anything bad." Her smile didn't falter one bit as she said this.
Back to top Go down
Allison

Allison

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:01 am

Gabriel studied Wynne and Rayne, feeling a pang of guilt. He wanted to hate them but found he couldn't. He tried to see any trace of a lie in their faces, but they gave nothing away. He nodded his head at Wynne, finding that perhaps she was right. After all, what did he know about vampires? All the information he had learned had come from websites probably run by fat, nerdy, pimple-faced losers who lived in their mothers' basements. Perhaps there were good vampires, perhaps a vampire hadn't even killed Roselyn. Hell, perhaps vampires didn't even exist at all and these teenagers were just messing with him this entire time. "Then I suppose there's nothing I can do." He replied solemnly before taking another drag.
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:33 pm

She nodded silently, and turned her head to Rayne. Gabriel had passed, which was a good thing since they didn't have to break out in another fight, and he might as well be let off the hook. "Thank you," Wynne said, turning back to him. "For not letting your emotions get in the way." She grinned, and laughed a bit. "I do have to say though, your observation skills are almost dead on. My sister and I are, in fact, human."
Back to top Go down
Allison

Allison

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:56 pm

He arched a brow at Wynne. For not letting my emotions get in the way? He thought sketptically. However, he breathed a sigh of relief when she told him that they were in fact of humans and not the blood-sucking demons he had almost believed they were. "What are you trying to prove?" Gabriel found himself asking, suddenly wondering what all the questions were for.
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:15 pm

"The love of your life was killed by Vampires," Wynne told him simply, a serious expression replacing her grin. "Though you may have simply said that to be polite, you didn't let your anger cloud your mind when we told you..." She paused, giggling a bit. "Well, joked about what we were. That's a good thing, sir. You may have what it takes after all." Wynne smiled, and handed the stake back to Gabriel. "Would you like to learn more? You can consider this as a... job offer."
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:39 am

Rayne was nodding along with her twin. She had lost concentration since Keiji had left. She shook her head to clear it. "Yeah, I can train you. And trust me, when you see me in the zone, you'll beg me to train you in the fight." She said grinning. Then she turned. "I...I have to go see something." She said and ran off towards the direction of Keiji.
Back to top Go down
Allison

Allison

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:27 am

Gabriel nodded both relieved and still confused. Was this even what he wanted? Twenety minutes ago all that was on his mind was a prospective job interview. Now he was being offered an opportunity he never would have previously imagined. "A job offer?" Gabriel replied with a laugh. "Too bad it doesn't pay." He cast a quick glance at his watch, realizing he was at least half an hour late. I suppose I can always say I got mugged at the subway or something... Gabriel looked up and offered a small smile and then nodded. "Ok."
Back to top Go down
Kevin

Kevin

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:55 am

Atticus walked so far that he reached so far as to come across a school filled with people. "Well isn't this interesting, though I was hoping to find Nia again..but oh well." He said walking across the street to the group talking to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

School - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

School
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
a Reverie's Roleplay :: Roleplay :: New York City-
Jump to: