a Reverie's Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay forum for the Dark/Fantasy Neopets guild, a Reverie!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Central Park

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Central Park   Central Park EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:33 pm

It was early afternoon as Mortimer August sat under a shady tree in Central Park. He sat there with his knees against his chest, watching people come and go. He's been doing this for almost two days now, and nobody had seemed to notice.
Well, I'm invisible, Morty thought, smiling slightly. But that rare smile on his face turned right back into a frown. I can turn invisible because I'm dead.
A cool, summer breeze blew right through him, along with a few leaves that lingered on the ground. A pigeon landed beside him, pecking at the ground. For a moment, it lifted its head up and it seemed to stare right at Morty. But, it just went back to pecking the dirt. At this, Morty sighed.
Just gonna be a normal day all by myself.
Back to top Go down
http://fayloic.deviantart.com/
Kevin

Kevin

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:53 pm

A cloaked man figure walked through the middle of central park in New York, his eyes a dark as he feared the thought of the sun touching his skin. His name was Lestat, a very old vampire, and Keiji Asrigoth's older brother. As he looked around, he was looking for information on who had possibly seen a white haired boy. Lestat felt something, a certain cold air coming from a normal tree, that made him wander. It was not a normal cold, it was a dark cold that could have only come from one thing, a spirit still left in this world. "Well spirit, why have you not passed over to the other side yet?" He said feeling like he was talking to a tree.
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:01 pm

Morty's head lifted up from his gloom, searching for the sound of the new voice. A man had approached the tree, and to his surprise, he could feel that someone was there. His surprise faded to misery, and he stared at the man though he knew he wouldn't be able to see him anyway. "What's it to you?" Morty asked flatly. Examining the stranger, he could tell that he definitely wasn't human. He was rarely detected by another Arcane since he spent most of his days invisible.
Back to top Go down
Kevin

Kevin

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:03 pm

Lestat chuckled slightly, keeping his eyes wandering, to make sure he kept this spirit guessing on if he knew where he was. "Well, I don't like seeing a soul as yours sitting there, crying in your sorrows...and not only that, but I must admit, its quite pathetic." Lestat said laughing.
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:09 pm

Wise guy, Morty thought as his frown deepened. Though inside, he knew that the man was right. Sighing, he stood up but stayed invisible. "I wasn't crying," Morty mumbled, shifting his eyes from the man to the ground. "What business do you have in this city? I haven't seen you around before."
Back to top Go down
Kevin

Kevin

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:14 pm

Lestat looked around and sighed. "Im looking for someone...a white haired man by the name of Keiji Asrigoth. He is my brother, and he ran away from our home England a little more than 2 years ago, and I have been searching for him since." Lestat said sincerely. He looked at the spirit and smiled, "So tell me, how did you die? Or a better question being, why are you so sad? What happened to you?"
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:19 pm

He looked up at the tree branches above him, searching his memory as he did for the white haired man that the man was talking about. "Sorry," Morty said, shaking his head. "I've never seen this 'Keiji' anywhere. He might be somewhere out in the city, but where exactly I don't know." He then turned back to the man, becoming visible for the first time in days. "My story is of no importance, but if you really wish to know..." Morty paused for a moment. "I got hit by an ignorant driver." He said with disgust.

oox; Sorry, I'd like to post more but I've gotta go. =/ Later Kevin!
Back to top Go down
Kevin

Kevin

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:03 am

Lestat covered his mouth in a attempt not to bust out laughing. "So let me get this street, he got hit by some guy in his car? And here I was expecting some kind of sad love story, and how he protected his lover from some attacker....but no I get "HIT by a car!". Okay maybe he does have a reason for being sad." He thought to himself as he looked at the sky. "So tell me young spirit, how about if I made you a deal....A deal that would change your entire perspective on this meaningless existence? I am a very old vampire...my life being one of many experiences....so I know quite a lot about this world. One thing I do know...is that not all spirits are doomed to the other world, at least not if they wish to be. So here I give you a choice....help me find my brother, and I will possibly give you back your life, or sit here and fade away." He said looking at the tree. Never had Lestat been this devious before, seeing as there was no real way to bring back a spirit without his body, or another vessel to put his soul into. This was his chance to have help that could get into the most secret areas without being seen, and without any suspicion.
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:30 am

"It's miserable because I had someone to live for." Morty mumbled, his whole body became stiff with misery and at the same time, slight annoyance. He shifted his gaze towards the stranger, frowning. "Would you really help a pathetic being like me?"
I didn't think turning back was possible, Morty thought. I don't even know if I could trust this guy.
He stood up and began to stretch, an automatic habit as it didn't matter anymore now that he was nothing but a ghost. "I don't think I'd be very helpful."
Back to top Go down
Kevin

Kevin

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:41 am

He looked around and then smiled. "Well as you can see, many people would think that I'm talking to a tree, wouldn't you agree? They would think I'm crazy....but you, you are something that no one else can sense, no one else can see, feel or touch....if that isn't the ultimate abilities of a good scout and spy, I don't know what is." Lestat said with a smile. He let his brown eyes show behind the cloak, showing a small sign of trust. "I will do whatever I can to help you, but in return, you help me."
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Morty stared at the man silently for a moment, trying to detect unsaid words in his eyes, and then looked back at his feet. "I suppose I have nothing better to do these days," he said, sighing. "I'll promise to help you as best as I can if you keep your end of the bargain." Morty held out a hand. "I am Mortimer. And you are?"
Back to top Go down
Kevin

Kevin

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:20 pm

Lestat looked at the extended hand but did not put his own up. "Would it not be hard to shake hands when one is in the spirit realm?" He said chuckling. The vampire turned and began to walk down the street towards any place with alot of life. He stopped for a moment and turned his head slightly. "And by the way Mort...if you don't mind me calling you Mort, I am Lestat De Athlum, or just Lestat." His words were short and to the point, as he was quite ready to continue on his journey. The smell, appearance, even the humans themselves almost sickened him, his appearance not stirring a ripple of attention from them. That must of meant that there were more vampires in this place, ancient ones more powerful then he. "We must be going...I must find my brother immediately...Now tell me, you wouldn't happen to be able to pick up different types of auras and spiritual pressure, would you?" He said hoping for a good answer.
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 4:22 pm

"Well, I suppose you're right." Morty withdrew his hand, smirking since he knew that he could control intangibility quite well now. Since he was visible to others, he walked slowly behind the man who introduced himself as Lestat. "If I focus, I can easily find inhuman beings by their aura. However," Morty paused as he walked with his hands in his pockets. "In a place like New York City, it would take quite some time."
Back to top Go down
Kevin

Kevin

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:28 pm

Lestat nodded."Well how about just in the area as we continue through New York? Would it be possible just to tell them all apart from one another? Like say a vampire from a demon? If that is possible, we could narrow down our search to look for just demons...that is what my brother is." He said as he continued walking. Finding a companion to work with was the last thing that he had intended on doing, but he decided to spare no effort in his quest.
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:29 pm

Morty continued to stare down at the ground, thinking of how he could use his powers. "It's easy to tell the difference between Arcane creatures that are very different from each other," he said, staring at an ant climb a short blade of grass. "For example, a Werewolf and a Mermaid. However..." Morty lifted his foot up above the ant. "Demons and Vampires give off a similar aura. It'll make it a bit more difficult, but again, if I focus, I'll be able to find Demons easily." He stepped on the spot of grass, crushing the ant with it. "Just don't be surprised if I spot a vamp instead of a demon. The description of your brother is somewhat common between both species."
Back to top Go down
Kevin

Kevin

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:58 pm

Lestat chuckled as they walked along the streets. "Ok...so be it. I'll just tear apart every single vampire and demon that comes along until I do find him, now won't I?" He said laughing as he noticed the sun began to fall. He hid behind one of the buildings, giving a good shadow for him to remove the veil over his head.
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 10:36 pm

He smirked, watching the sun descend in the horizon and the shadows stretch where they walked. "Is the sun really so bothersome to your kind?" Morty asked, curious about the other species. "This will make searching more easier... and interesting." As the two walked, Morty had already begun to examine the pedestrians around them. So far, nothing but humans.
Back to top Go down
Kevin

Kevin

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:00 pm

"To more new age vampires no, seeing as the more a vampire gives off and makes more vampires, those vampires become more immune to old effects such as sunlight and water. It used to be, that a vampire could gain the ability of flight, use poison in their claws, see in the dark, and even become as mist in order to pass through bars and windows. In order to gain something, something of equal value must be given....So as vampires lose their greater powers, they gain the ability to stand sunlight, water and such." He said with a ill tone. He shrugged as he removed the cloak completely, his pale chest shown to everyone. Opening a small bag he had under the cloak, Lestat pulled out a rather worn out see through, long sleeve shirt. Putting it on, he said, "These days....I regret being a vampire...because I know how far our noble race has fallen...how weak they all are....It sometimes is sickening you know? To see kids being vampires, when in actuality, they could be over 100 years old. Girls that look like 18 year old whores, could possibly be in their 80s, with only the ability to drink blood, run faster than a normal human, and possibly more strength then a middle aged Marine. Trust me, the more you learn about my kind, the more you will realize this......this race is slowly becoming humans....or just mutated beasts....one way or another....there is no such thing as a vampire anymore." He said put a lighter to the cloak and bag. Burning his belongings, he walked away, his face almost angry looking.
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 11:56 am

"Tainted blood, huh?" Morty didn't expect that the Vampire race was so messed up these days. Then again, he didn't like to mess with other Arcanes anyway, but he was making an exception with Lestat. "Vampires are much too common in this world, that's for sure." He said, quiter than usual as pedestrians walked by. "I don't see anything but humans..." Morty stopped walking. They were approaching what appeared to be a school. But it was strange... there was some sort of presence nearby that could have only belonged to an Arcane creature. "There's something nearby," Morty said, looking around.
Back to top Go down
Kevin

Kevin

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 8:41 pm

Lestat's eyes widened as he heard Morty's words. "Where? Can you tell where it was heading...?" He said rather quickly. Looking at the school, he felt a energy, rather human, but a gifted human of the sorts."Sooooo my brother was here....I can tell. This has his signature all over it.....Considering he is looking for the oldest of my kind...the easiest place to get information would be to force the youngest of vampires to tell him...that's him. Now if you say that this force is away from the school, the he must have gotten that information." Lestat said with a smile. He walked over to the school, his eyes trailing over the windows, watching for possible humans that were watching. Walking into the school, he used his quick step to bypass the woman at the front and kept walking down the halls.

Occ: Moving to school forum Gabby? ^_^
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 9:19 pm

ooc; Yup, sounds good! c: I'll post one more reply here and then we can move onto the School thread.

bic; "He's still somewhere in this area," Morty replied, following Lestat as he turned invisible. "He might not be in the building, but somewhere very close." As they entered the school, he felt nostalgic as memories of him and his friends walking in these halls filled his mind. That was too long ago... so he shook the memories out of his head. The being's aura was nothing he had ever detected before. "The feeling is getting stronger," Morty said, focusing on the exact location.
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:20 am

Nia stood as a tree, the beautiful garden nymph had decided that she wanted to change into a human. It had started to get a little colder earlier in the days now, and that made her nervous. So suddenly the sun looked a slight bit sparkly, but really it was her changing back into a human. The tree still stood there, but it didn't look as alive anymore. She stood tall, yet she wasn't tall. She wore a beautiful green dress and her orangeish hair blew in the wind as if on cue in a movie. She looked around at the people in the park, and smiled softly.

ooc;; I'm only gunna bring Nia in for now.
Back to top Go down
Kevin

Kevin

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:30 am

A nobleman walked down the small path of the park, looking at the trees, watching the people around him. The people looked at him with confused looks mainly because of his attire, considering he looked like an 18th century count. As he walked, he began to notice a small girl in a tree, watching the people around them. Walking up to the tree, he looked up at her, smiling, waving. "Excuse me madam, could you possibly help me with something? I am quite lost, and I fear if I go any further, then I would end up getting myself mugged." He said laughing with a blush.
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:42 am

Nia climbed out of the tree and stood beside the boy. "Where are you trying to go?" She asked him softly. Her voice had barely been used in months, so it was hard to talk at the moment. She cleared her throat softly, everything about Nia screamed nature. But it should. Even though she had removed herself from the tree and nature, she had flowers in her hair. She studied the boy for a minute and was confused. He wasn't dressed like others around them, so maybe she was out of touch again, and had missed some trends in that case she'd have to go to her apartment and then go shopping. "I know the area around the park pretty well." She told him, and really she did that was the only area where she usually went when she was human.
Back to top Go down
Kevin

Kevin

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:51 am

The nobleman's eyes lit up as he heard her words. He looked at her with a rather puppy dog look saying, "Really!? Oh thank goodness, this will make everything so much better!!!." He said looking into her eyes with a wide smile. He noticed every thing about her was rather strange, but thats what he wanted, someone different. He took her hand and kissed it softly. "I am Atticus Waldegrave, a pleasure to meet you miss."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Central Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Park   Central Park Empty

Back to top Go down

Central Park
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
a Reverie's Roleplay :: Roleplay :: New York City-
Jump to: