a Reverie's Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay forum for the Dark/Fantasy Neopets guild, a Reverie!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Essie!!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ally
Admin
Ally

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:56 pm

Essie walked the streets of New York. What was a five thousand year old ex-Vengence Demon suppost to do? Well, she could go to school...But why would she? She sighed and kept walking. She was wearing a white sundress, and her curly blonde hair was draped around her shoulders. She had big Gucci sunglasses on because well, she could. She had a purse with her that was really big and her heart locket that had replaced her Vengence neckalace was in it's place. She walked down the streets still her heels clicking on the cement. She walked by a pet store with bunnies in the front show case and screamed. "AHH!" She yelled as if someone had a gun to her head.
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Kenyon   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Kenyon was skipping school. But why not? He'd already been through high school too many times to count. And he was sick and tired of it. So, though he was enrolled in school, he decided to skip today, and just sort of wander around New York. After all, it was New York City!

He had long, black hair that almost completely covered his right eye, and wore a black jacket and jeans, as well as black and white tennis shoes. His green eyes watched the streets in front of him intently, his wolf senses always on alert for danger. He didn't expect any, but it was an instinct.

Kenyon's head snapped to the side as he heard a scream coming from a street nearby. Sprinting, he ran over to find a girl, probably about eighteen or so, staring and screaming at bunnies in a pet store window. He quickly raced to her side. "Listen, it's okay, they're just bunnies, they won't hurt you. Plus, they're inside the store. C'mon, let's get you away from the rabbits." Hesitantly, he tapped her shoulder to make sure he had her attention, then began to walk backwards, coaxing her to follow him.
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:17 pm

Essie followed the boy she was shaking slightly remembering the bunnies, she had just seen. "What horrible creatures." She whispered then looked at the boy and smiled a faint of fimiliarity came to Essie as she looked at him. Obviously he wasn't human, even though Essie wasn't a demon anymore, and just plain old human she could still tell he wasn't human. She turned her head to the side looking at him. "Thank-you for saving my life." Essie said in a clear wind chime like voice. She said it like when a hero saved the girl in the movies. Mainly because that's where she had heard that saying before. She was trying to be human, even if he wasn't human, though she knew she wasn't doing to great of a job with pretending.
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:22 pm

Kenyon chuckled to himself at Essie's description of the bunnies, then blinked in confusion and blushed slightly at her implication that he saved her life. "Oh, um, er, you're welcome, I guess? But, uh, you're life wasn't in any danger, you know. 'Cause you see, well, bunnies don't hurt people, well, I guess they can bite, but I can't think of a single case where a bunny has killed someone." Embarassed by his rambling, Kenyon ran his hand through his hair. "Um, I'm Kenyon, by the way!" He stuck out his hand in greeting, and grinned lopsidedly.
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Essie looked at his hand with a confused face and stuck her hand out too, the same way he had. He had said his name, she should say hers. "I'm Esmerelda. Essie for short!" She said with a grin then looked back at their hands. "Why do we have our hands out?" She asked him then thought of his name Kenyon. Hadn't there been a werewolf named that? It wasn't a very popular name. Or maybe it was. She didn't know. But this was the first Kenyon she was meeting. Then she realized, Esmerelda, her name, if he really was a night person he should have heard of her. She used to be the most known Vengence Demon, and then the stories of her getting senetenced as a human. She sighed softly and still looked at there hands with a scrunched up face trying to figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:36 pm

"Nice to meet you, Essie!" Kenyon said with a grin. He recalled something about a demon-turned-human named Esmerelda, but he didn't remember the full story, and what were the chances of this being her, anyway? His face became as confused as hers when she asked him why their hands were out. "Er, you know, handshakes? The thing you do when you meet someone you've never met before?" When she stuck her own hand out, and he simply held it there, he laughed as he watched her scrunched up face. "You really don't know what it is? To give an example, he clasped her hand and pumped her arm up and down slightly, then let go. "See, a handshake."
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:42 pm

She looked at her hand when he let go of it. "But why?" She asked him. "Why hands? And why shake them?" She asked him tilting her head to the side. Then she tilted it to the other side and thought for a second. She felt this pull in her stomach when she looked at his face. She tried to find the word to describe it, but couldn't. It felt like a mix of a stomach ache with a tingly goodness. "And why when I look at you does my stomach feel funny?" She asked him her face blank with confussion.
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:01 pm

ooc; Posting for Fox! C:

bic; Kenyon blinked at her. "Um, it's just...I don't know why hands! It's sort of a traditional greeting type thing...I don't know why. I guess that's a pretty good question actually." He had to admit, Essie had him stumped. He looked even more confused at her next question. "Er, maybe you have a stomachache? Does it hurt?" He asked her, a little worried and a quite a bit puzzled.
Back to top Go down
http://fayloic.deviantart.com/
Ally
Admin
Ally

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:07 pm

ooc;;Okayy!!

Essie shook her head. "It doesn't hurt!! It feels like it's being squeezed yet it tingles! I know your not human, but you don't have that wizard look!! What are you doing to me?" She asked him eyes widen. "And why do I think your..." She searched for the word, it was hard to find she hadn't used it but she knew the meaning form various teen movies. "Cute?" She finally said.
Back to top Go down
Gabby
Admin
Gabby

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:24 pm

Kenyon flinched as Essie said she knew he wasn't human. "How did you know?" He whispered. "No, no, I'm not a wizard!" He leaned in a little closer and whispered, "I'm a werewolf." Leaning back, he frowned. "I'm not doing anything to you. At least, I don't think I am." He waited for her to finish her last sentence, then felt his face turn bright red. "Well, ah, that's 'cause, um, I am? Er, I don't know why you think that, so I can't really answer that question, and, uh, yeah..." Kenyon's voice trailed off and he stared down at his feet, suddenly very embarassed. She thought he was cute?
Back to top Go down
http://fayloic.deviantart.com/
Ally
Admin
Ally

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:31 pm

"Werewolf." She whispered. "Of course." She said nodding sightly then she saw him looking down he was thinking about her calling him cute. He had to be. He was looking down. She had said something wrong obviously. "I'm sorry?" She said it like a question she didn't say it to often. "If you find me calling you cute offense then I won't call you it." She said to him and felt a red burning in her cheeks. His were doing it too. Why were they doing that? She touched her her cheeks, they were hot now too. "This is all so confusing!" She said. "I wish I had never tried to help that girl, then I'd still be a demon!" She said sighing.
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:42 pm

occ;; I'll just post everything up so that we know where we left off when we have to go, or whatever.
Fox::
"What? Nonononono, being called cute is not offensive!" Kenyon said hastily, jerking his head back up to look at her. "It's, uh, just not something a lot of people say casually straight to that person, or, uh, I'm not explaining this very well." He looked at her cheeks, and noticed she was blushing too. /And she doesn't even know why, I bet./ He thought, a little amused. He raised his eyebrows as she said she wished she was still a demon. "Oh, so that's how you knew I wasn't human." Thinking, he added, "How long have you been a human? 'Cause, uh, no offense and all, but it doesn't seem like you know a terrible amount of human ways?"
Ally::
She nodded slightly. "I know I'm horrible! I've only been human for three weeks, less then a month! All humans think I'm crazy, but I'm not crazy it's just after being a demon for over five thousand years you kinda forget how to be human!" She said and her eyes started going blurry with a liquid. "And now somethings happening to these eyes!" She said touching the liquid.
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:01 pm

'"Wha-hey, hey! I don't think you're crazy! You're just inexperienced, is all! Humans can be pretty strange sometimes." Kenyon attempted to make her feel better. He began to freak out a little as she started crying. "Whoa! Hey, it's alright, it's alright! Uh, right now you're crying, which is when water comes out of your eyes, and it means that you're upset, or, uh, it can mean you're really happy, 'cause some people cry when they're happy, but you are crying because you're upset, and I am just not good at this." Fumbling in his pocket he pulled out a handkerchief, something his mom had always made him carry around as a kid. Hesitating slightly, he reached out and gently wiped away her tears on the handkerchief. "There, see? Better now?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:06 pm

Essie's eyes widen when he touched her face. "Better." She whispered feeling her tears stop. Then she hugged him. She'd only seen it in movies. But it felt right to do it now. "Thank-you for being so nice." She whispered softly to him. "And can you teach me? Human stuff? I know your not human, but still." She told him still hugging him, she wasn't sure how long she was suppost to do this. Or how tight. Did she have to hug him tighter? Or looser?
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:10 pm

Kenyon smiled as Essie said 'better'. That was good. He immediately stiffened as she hugged him, then slowly relaxed. "Er, you're welcome. I mean, being nice is just the right thing to do, you know? And sure, I can teach you about human stuff! I mean, yeah, I guess I'm not a human anymore, but I once was, and I still live like one." Kenyon waited for her to let go of him, then began to get a little embarassed when she didn't. He could see passerbys looking strangely at the two of them, and he looked at Essie. "Er, uh, you can, you know, let go now."
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:28 pm

Essie released him. "Oh, sorry." She said. "There is only one human thing I've learned." She told him. "I know how to shop. I got into the store, and try things on then give them the magic card." She said nodding. "And sometimes I get food, but I have to go to use a skin, to get the clear plain liquid...Umm....Water." She said the word coming to her. "It's very plain. I wish they came in more favours." She told him.
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:53 pm

Kenyon listened as she told him the one human thing she'd learned, than laughed out loud. "Shopping! I should've guessed!" He listened a bit more as she continued. "More flavors? Don't worry, there are plenty of other drinks besides water out there! Actually," he said, thinking, "how about we go try one now? Let's head to the diner down the street. I haven't had lunch anyway. But I can get you a non-plain water, and some good food to go with it." Kenyon smiled at her and beckoned her as he began to walk away. "C'mon!"
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:04 pm

"Wow! Other flavours!" She said amazed. Essie followed him and looked around at the people walking around on the streets and stopped when they were about to cross the street. She had just seen a older man hold a little girls hand when they were walking across the street. She felt this must be normal. She held her hand out to Kenyon. "We hold hands now, right?" She asked him.
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:08 pm

Kenyon found himself blushing really badly as Essie asked if they held hands now. "Uh, no Essie, uh, that's not something, er, most people do, unless they're, uh...dating." He struggled to explain, not completely sure what had brought on such a question. "I mean, I guess if, uh, you want me to while crossing the street, er, I can, but it's, uh, not a normal thing. Um, why do you ask?"
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:17 pm

Essie pointed to the little girl and older man, she realized must be her father holding her hand as they crossed. "They are doing it. Holding hands. And them." She pointed to a girl and boy holding hands walking across the street, they looked like they were in collage. "But they must be dating. I like you though." She said looking at him. "I could picture dating you." She said as if it was the most normal thing in the world to say.
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Kenyon nodded, understanding where Essie had gotten the idea from, then froze. "Er, Essie, one step to being a human is to, uh, you know, not..." he stopped stammering for a moment, frustrated and embarassed. "It's, uh, you don't tell people you hardly know that you like them, and all, and, you want to date me?!" His voice rose an octave as the realization of what she said just hit him. "Uh, no Essie, that's not quite how it works! You get to know the person, and if they like you back, then you start dating...not that I don't like you back! Er, well, I don't know if I do, or not, 'cause I've hardly known you and this is going to be a lot harder than I thought." Kenyon stopped, trying to figure out how on earth to explain to Essie the complicated concept of dating. "Do you at least kind of understand?" He asked her.
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Essie nodded. "I've seen movies." She told him, she took her hand away from him and put it behind her back. "Dating is odd. But I understand I can't tell you I like you until you know me better, and I know you better, right?" She asked him her head to the side. "But why not? I mean if I have a feeling in my stomach that makes me want to spend time with you, and well, thats the feeling shouldn't I tell you that?"
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:38 pm

"Er, well, humans are kind of complicated with dating, you know? I'm not really sure why you shouldn't tell me, it's just sort of a human thing." He thought to himself, A feeling in her stomach. Wait...no way...is it love? I thought that was in your heart, not your stomach! And...why do I kind of feel the same way...agh! I'm so confused! Looking at Essie, he stuck his hand out. "Let's just go across the street and get you a flavored drink, okay? And, uh, if you want to hold my hand, it's fine with me. Just, don't think we're a couple or anything, okay?" Kenyon wasn't completely sure what to say to Essie, but he figured holding hands might make her happy.
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Essie smiled and took his hand, and smiled. "Okay. Now about these flavoured drinks. What's your favourite?" She asked him and walked with him holding his hand still. She couldn't believe there were other drinks! That was amazing!!
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Kenyon spoke to Essie as they crossed the street. "My favorite? Coca-cola, better known as Coke. That is the best, by far! But there's other good stuff. I mean, if you can think of a flavor, there's probably a drink with that flavor." Once they reached the other side, Kenyon slowly extricated his hand out Essie's and let it fall to his side. He held the door open to the diner as they approached it. "My lady?" He asked gallantly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Essie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essie!!   Essie!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Essie!!
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
a Reverie's Roleplay :: Roleplay :: New York City-
Jump to: